Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday flowers

A wild little bouquet that our friends brought to brunch on Sunday.

wild flowers

My mind has been spinning all week with lots and lots of Christmas related project ideas - enough for 2 or 3 Christmases. We're having a small family cookie party on Sunday, which will be a nice way to relax and catch up. And that's probably enough to keep me busy all weekend, but naturally I have a hard time accepting that fact.

I want to: make candy and package it in glassine bags with handmade labels, make Deb's butterscotch sauce and pour it into pretty jars and give them out to people I like, build up my stock of re-useable gift wrap in the hopes of finally having a paper-less Christmas (post to follow next week), wrap all my gifts in said gift wrap, hand print tea towels with my linocuts, buy stocking stuffers, sew handmade ornaments for everyone I know, cover our windows in paper snowflakes, create some sort of beautiful wreath and re-watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy (which I've only seen once, in the theater, and which I purchased for myself last week for this very purpose) while doing all these things.

The list will have to be trimmed, but it's nice to dream.

15 comments:

  1. wow, thats quite a list. It sounds like mine! I always have way too much I want to do for Christmas! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. marvelous list, rachel. i'm especially fond of the lotr marathon idea. i had my long-overdue re-watch this summer and it was fantastic. happy christmasing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds perfect really - one of these days i'm going to try to do some of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yes this is that time of year when i panic about gift decisions and try to decide things like - do i have time to make my dad homemade pretzels or should i just buy him wine? we'll make it out the other side, hopefully a few crafts the wiser :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the list! It gets me thinkin' :) I believe you'll have a wonderful weekend, regardless of how many of those things you'll cross off your list. By the way, i featured your new tags in my Friday Favorites today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fun to-do list! Good luck getting it all done, don't forget to enjoy it as you go.

    Have a great weekend, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite the list! Mine's not quite so long, but I still have to make hot chocolate mix to send to friends, send them to my friends, and finish buying/making and wrapping gifts.

    Deb's butterscotch sounded delicious, didn't it? I've bookmarked so many of her recipes. I should maybe try to make some, huh?

    Enjoy your weekend! And Lord of the Rings. I love those movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. handprint teatowels with your linocuts?! if you could please tell me exactly how i can do this for myself, it would be very much appreciated. thank you rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so ambitious! good to talk to you today. thanks for raiding the lab :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! May all your Christmas endeavours be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm exhausted just reading your list! Hope you accomplish all you set out to do and still find some time for Y-O-U!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the list! good luck with it all. i'm sure what ever you do your friends would be happy and greatful.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!